Inspired by many delicious family dinners at Chinese restaurants!
Yield: 3 to 4 servings
- 1 can cream style corn (398 ml or 14 oz)
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 vegetable or chicken stock cube
- 1 tbsp cornstarch with 2 tbsp water
- 1 egg white with 1 tbsp water
- Chopped green onion to sprinkle on top before serving
- In a medium saucepan on medium heat, add one can cream style corn.
- Add 2 ½ cups water and the stock cube, stirring periodically.
- In a small bowl, add cornstarch and 2 tbsp water and stir into a smooth mixture.
- Once the stock cube has dissolved in the soup, add the cornstarch mixture and stir.
- In another small bowl, add one egg white and 1 tbsp water and mix with a fork.
- Slowly pour the egg white mixture into the saucepan while stirring. The egg white will almost immediately turn from clear to white in the soup. Let soup heat for another 2 minutes while stirring periodically and then remove from heat.
- Place soup into a large bowl or individual bowls and sprinkle green onions on top before serving.