On one occasion a few years ago, celery was the only vegetable in my fridge. I decided to make soup and to my pleasant surprise it became a family favourite!
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 4 tbsp butter
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2 ½ cups chopped celery
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 vegetable or chicken stock cube
- ¾ cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and then add diced onion.
- Sauté the onion for about 2 minutes and then add the chopped celery.
- Stir the celery for about 1 minute and then add water and the vegetable or chicken stock cube.
- Cover and cook for about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat and keep covered to further soften the celery while it cools.
- Once cooled, add milk.
- Use a handheld blender or food processor to puree to desired texture.
- Reheat before serving and add salt and pepper to taste.