A hearty and comforting meal!
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 600 grams lean ground beef
- 600 grams potatoes (about 5 to 6 medium sized)
- Water to boil potatoes
- 1-2 tbsp garlic puree
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2 cups frozen veggies
- ¼ cup beef stock
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 6 cheese slices
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup milk
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add peeled, chopped potatoes and boil until cooked.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the lean ground beef and garlic puree. Stir while cooking to avoid the beef from forming clumps.
- Once the beef has browned, add the onions and stir for about a minute. Then add the frozen veggies and stir for about a minute.
- Add the beef stock, salt and pepper. Stir periodically until most of the liquid has disappeared and then remove from heat.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander.
- In the large saucepan, add butter and melt at medium heat. Return the potatoes to the pot and add milk. Mash the potatoes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the beef mixture evenly in an 8 inch x 11 inch glass dish.
- Add the cheese slices evenly on top of the beef mixture.
- Add the mashed potatoes and spread out evenly on top of the cheese.
- Place the dish in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes to melt the cheese into the beef mixture.