Although I have included a basic soup recipe below, I sometimes add chopped carrots, celery and onion to make the soup healthier and heartier.
Yield: 4 servings
- 5 cups water
- 1 chicken or vegetable stock cube
- 1 package (350 grams) cheese tortellini
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Freshly chopped parsley (optional)
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat bring water to a boil.
- Add the stock cube and cheese tortellini and continue to boil until the tortellini is cooked (about 10 to 15 minutes depending on the size and type of the tortellini). Stir periodically to ensure that the stock cube properly dissolves.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in freshly chopped parsley if using.
- Remove from heat and serve. Sprinkle freshly grated Parmesan cheese if using.